Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back at it again

Well after giving birth to my beautiful new son I am back at it. Re joined WW July second and have lost 18.2 lbs so far so I am off to a great start. I had a very difficult pregnancy was very sick, but still managed to gain 30 lbs. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 35 weeks which means I now have a 50% chance of developing type 2 diabetes later in life. At 36 weeks I went into labour and gave birth to my 9 pound son. He had some health issues and was in the NICU for 10 days and I can't help but feel if I had taken better care of myself before I got pregnant he would have been fine.

1 comment:

266 said...

Thanks for coming and checking out my blog; I am thrilled with all the encouragement I have gotten so far! I see that you are getting a fresh start at blogging after a long time away... I hope you stay with it because I'm excited to see how your journey goes.

I have to say that your last sentence in this post really got to me... I'm not pregnant and don't have any children yet, but my husband and I are talking about it very seriously right now. I consider your words a reminder of one of the many reasons I want to do this. I am glad your son is better and I wish you and your whole family the best as you reinvest in this journey.