Friday, August 29, 2008

Time for myself

I have a son he is 18 months old and in perfect health. Why is he healthy? Because I have taken the time to ensure he is getting proper nutrition. He eats whole grains, veggies, fruits I am completely aware of what is going into his body. So why did I not give myself the same consideration. While he was eating grilled chicken and veggies I was eating potato chips for dinner. While he was running around playing in the yard I was sitting on the sidelines. When I was pregnant with him I added good stuff into my diet so he would be healthy and grow. But as soon as he was born I gave up the good stuff. Its not only my son, I spend countless hours a week house cleaning taking care of the environment I live in. I put oil in my car (well not really but it fits with what im trying to get across her in my little rant) to make sure its running properly. I spend all my free time at work looking for better ways to educate my students. But I cant take time for myself?

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Heather - we can all relate to this post. I feel the exact same way. When my son asks for a snack I take the time to wash an apple and cut it up for him. In the not so distant past if I wanted a snack I would just grab the nearest thing I could find and shove it into my mouth!